Envia is a new service being developed to improve the discovery and access of environmental science information. In April 2013, we began Beta testing Envia and in January 2014 released a second version with additional content and regular updates. We are looking for your feedback. The information you can discover through Envia at the moment includes reports, PhD theses and data resources related to flooding . More information can be found on our FAQs page.
Your feedback will help to inform how we evolve Envia.
Envia was developed and conceived by the Science, Technology and Medicine Team at The British Library, which is committed to developing innovative ways to meet the information needs of contemporary researchers.
Envia is a collaboration with Living With Environmental Change (LWEC) , a partnership of 22 public sector organisations who fund and carry out environmental research. A Memorandum of Understanding between The British Library and LWEC commits us to work together to improve environmental information discovery and access.
Envia External Advisory Board
The British Library Environmental Sciences Advisory Board provides strategic advice on the development of Envia. The current members of the Board are:
- Mary Barkham - Deputy Director, Living With Environmental Change (Chair)
- John Bridgeman - Editor-in-Chief, Water and Environment Journal (CIWEM), University of Birmingham
- Robert Gurney - NERC Coordinator of Environmental Information, University of Reading
- Miranda Kavanaugh - Director of Evidence, Environment Agency
- Kathrine Pygott - Associate Director, Arup
- Carolyn Roberts - Director, Environmental Sustainability Knowledge Transfer Network, University of Oxford